51 Shakthi Sthalam/Shakthi Peedam !! Sri Kalikambal Temple, Chennai!!

Jai Sriman Narayana !!
 
 
 
Jai Ambey Ma !!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Sri Kalikambal temple is one of the 51 Shakthi Sthalam/Shakthi Peedam of Goddess Sri Parvati located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
 
Presiding deity – Sri Kalikambal/Sri Kamakshi/Periya Nayaki with his consort Lord Kamateswarar
 
Worshipped by – Deities and Sages, Lord Indra, Lord Kubera, Lord Varuna, Vishwakarma, Sage Agastya, Maharishi Veda Vyasa,  Sage Parasara, Sage Anigra, Sage Pulastya,
 
Sri Adi Sankara visited this temple and installed ‘Ardhameru’.
 
The Great Emperor Chatrapathi Shivaji Maharaj and the famous Tamil poet Sri Subramanya Bharathy also worshipped Goddess Sri Kalikambal in this temple.
 
 
Sannidhis – Lord Ganesha, Sri Kamateswarar, Sri Subramanya with his consorts Goddess Sri Valli and Deivayanai, Lord Arunachaleswara with his consort,  Lord Aghora Veerabhadra, Goddess Maha Kali, Navagrahas,  Goddess Shivakami & Lord Nataraja, Serpent Gods, Virata Vishwa Parambramha, Goddess Gayatri, Goddes Durga, Lord Vishnu, Lord Chandra, Lord Surya, Lord Dakshinamurthy,
 
 
Festivals – Brahmostavam, Navaratri, Vaikasi Utsavam, Arudra Darisanam, Maha Shivaratri, Skandha Shashti, Pournami, Thai Utsavam, Adi Amavasya, Vasanthostavam, Vasantha Navaratri, Margazhi Festival,  Masi Makam, Float Festival,
 
This temple remains open from 6.00 AM to 1.00 PM in the morning and 3.00 PM to 8.00 PM in the evenings.
 
 
Jai Ambey Ma !!
 
 
Jai Sriman Narayana !!

5 comments:

BPonnammal Balasubramanian said...

While Shri Kalikambal of Chennai is facing West, Shri Mathurakali of Siruvachur is facing North, as if the sisters are trying to look each other. Both are Shakthi Peetams.

Ponnammal said...

Shri Kalikambal is a powerful Deity, similar to Shri Mathurakali of Siruvachur. While King Sivaji worshiped Shri Kalikambal, Shri Mathurakali was worshiped by Maratta Kings of Saraboji Maharaja family. Shri Mathurakali of Siruvachur is also one of the Shakthi Peetams. Shri Mathurakali is the Kula Deivam of Kanchi Maha Periyavaa. Devotees who are unable to visit Siruvachur, can worship the Ambal here on all days, whereas the Siruvachur temple is open only on Mondays and Fridays. Shri Kalikaayai Namaha Shri Mathurakalyai Namaha

Balasubramanian NR
Ambattur

Ponnammal said...

Shri Kalikambal is a powerful Deity similar to Shri Mathurakali Amman of Siruvachur. While Shri Mathurakali Amman is open only on Mondays and Fridays, whereas one can have darshan here on all the days, if they are unable to go to Siruvachur. Shri Mathurakali Amman is the Kula Deivam of Kanchi Maha Periyavaa. Shri Kalikambal was worshiped by King Sivaji, while Shri Mathura Kali was worshiped by the family Chola Kings and Maratta Kings of Saroboji family. As Udukkai is played in Kalikambal Temple during Deepa Aaradhanai, same procedure is followed in Shri Mathurakali Amman temple also. Shri Mathurakali is the swaroopam of Goddess Parameshwari and she is a Shanta swaroopi unlike other Kali Deities. Balasubramanian Ambattur

Balasubramanian NR said...

She is a Deity who lives with her devotees always. It is an experience to me. One day early morning, she appeared before me and mentioned that SHE is with me always to protect me and my family members. She questioned me as to why I have not visited HER for quite sometime. I was taken aback immediately. Immediately on the very next Friday I was in the Temple to see HER and seek HER blessings. I was in the sanctum for more than 2 hours and chanted all HER slokas. I could see a change in my heart and mind after the visit. Shri Mathurakalyai Namaha.

Kotee said...

Om Vinayaga Pottri. Om Kaligambal Pottri. I am 49 years old when I write this. When I started my career at age 23, I got my first job in a concern very near to Kaligambal Koil, Chennai. I was not aware that it was HER blessing, at that time. Then I had difficult situations in my job, like under-performance, not-enough customers, etc., In one particular job, I started it, after visiting Shree Kaligambal. The business was excellent, then I realized HER power. Now I visit HER once in a month, and have good business and job satisfaction and all other life's requirements in equal proportions. Visit HER and thank HER for what you have got, SHE will give what you need. No need to ask HER. SHE is very powerful.