Temples of Coyalmannam Agraharam !! My Dad's Village !!


Jai Sriman Narayana !!

I had a conversation with my Sis about my Mom's routine after her few months absence from India.


My Sis ' Hey Choti, Radha Rani is keeping a record of the places and temples she had visited. usko samjney ka kam ithana asan nahi. She is keeping herself busy all the time. Oru serialum vidarathillai. Finding a lot of time to read also.'

I Said ' Yetho acchi bath hai na. Summa sollakoodathudi. Atleast she is keeping hereself engaged in that way right.'

My Sis ' Yes absolutely.'


Later,my Mom came online to talk to me ' Konthey ellarum eppadi irukkel'.

'We are fine Radha Rani, How about you? We were talking about you'


My Mom ' Yennodu mandai uruttindu irunthel sollungo.' Approm Konthey, unakku nan oru project vechirukken.'



I said ' Oi enna channel mararathu? Yenna project? '



I remember those wonderful days, when my Mom was here with me for a few months. Usually our conversation takes place while we drive to School, visiting Gardens for morning walk or Shopping Malls. We both keep a busy schedule of daily pooja, Stotra Parayanam, Cooking Naivedhyam, Lunch, Picking and Dropping my son to School, Shopping, attending my classes etc.. In between she runs to watch her Tamil Serials and I run for my Hindi Serials.


My Mom ' Coyalmannam kovila pathi konjam ezhuthu dimey. Sastha Preethi Sapadu romba jora irukkum theriyumo'


I said ' Yes I do. You keep giving me the ideas.. yen velai konjam kammiyadichu'

My Mom ' Hm... nanum poyittilai 2006 approm'. ' Appavodu oor pakkanam pola irukkum ana mansukku kashtama irukkum pokarathukku'.


I understood what she meant to say. I said ' Forget it Amma. We will make it one day. You don't worry'.



My Mom ' Amam di mey enakkum kovil pakkanam. Yennodu friends yarachum irukkalo pakkanom'.


I said ' Oho...Appadi va vazhikk... that's like a Good Girl'.
I remember the golden times I had with my Appa Patti . I have to say a few words about my Patti - a soft spoken, humble, very fair and beautiful patti. She was exactly looks like my Dad. My Mom had lot of love and respect for her Mom-In-Law. They had a strange relationship we all get wondered at times. They were very close and so much of love for each other. We girls used to ask our Mom whether she had any argument or fight with her MIL. She simply laughs at us and says that they never had any reason to do so. I have seen my Appa Patti spending all her life simply sitting on the Oonjal (Joola) or on the floor. She was not allowed to do any of kind work. She beautifully wears madisar and her ornaments which adds the beauty. She is just a beautiful darling. I do not remember even a single incident of argument with her. Whenever I visit my Appa Patti I visit the following temples too - Kulathugarai Ganapathy Kovil, Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Kovil and Shivan Kovil. I never miss any chance to attend the Saturday's Bajans (I am not sure about nowdays program schedule) whenever I visit this temple.





Kulthaukarai Ganapathy Temple

Sthala Vruksham - Banyan Tree

Festival - Vinayaka Chathurthi


The Ganapathy Temple adjacent to the Agraharam is located in a lush green area of Paddy fields. There is a river flowing just behind this temple and a big Temple Tank in front of it. Very close to this temple there is a Big Banyan Tree which adds the natural beauty of this temple. This Temple Tank water is used for daily sacred bath of  Lord.


Sri Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Temple


Presiding Diety – Lord Sriman Narayanan with his consort Sri Mahalakshmi Thayar on His lap

Sthala Vruksham - Jackfruit Tree



Festivals - Navaratri, Vaikundha Ekadashi, Sastha Preethi, Uriyadi along with Ratholsavam, Sri Rama Navami, Margazhi Bajans



The temple has beautiful workmanship. The Sanctum Sanctorum of the temple has a grand look of granite flooring. The doors of Sreekovil and steps are made of brass reveals the radiant craftsman work on it. The Sreekovil doors are having beautiful portraits of Ashtalakshmi.



In front of the temple, there is a huge well remains with crystal clear water all the season and never get dried.  The water from this well is used for the daily sacred bath of Lord and for the preparation of Naivedhyam. The two huge wells in the middle of the Agraharam in an equal distance is a beautiful sight. Another attractive sight is that the huge jackfruit trees and coconut trees in the middle of Agraharam leaving two pathways for enter and exit of vehicles without any difficulty.


This temple has all the facilities to do Upanayanam and Marriages. The priests are offering good service to the devotees assisting with all their requirements.





Sri Vishweshwara Swamy Temple

Presiding diety - Sri Vishweshwara worshipped in  the form of Linga

Sannidhis - Visalakshy Thayar, Lord Ganapathy, Lord Subramanya, In the outer praharam of the temple sannidhis for Serpant God, Lord Ayyappa with Poorna Pushkalambal

Festivals - Navaratri, Annabishekam, Thiruvathira, Thaipoosam, Maha Sivarathri, Pradosham
This temple is located at the entry point to the Coyalmannam Agraharam.  As you enter into the village, on the right there is an entry to this Temple which leads to the Sannidhi of Serpent Gods , Lord Ayyappa and Poorna Pukshkalambal.  Within the compound just 20 feet away there is a Sannidhi for Lord Shiva, Sri Visalakshy, Lord Ganesha and Lord Subramanya. There is a big Temple Tank very close to this temple facing the sanctum sanctorum of Lord Shiva.

Jai Sriman Narayana !!



No comments: